Both Sports and Remedial massage are pain relieving, therapeutic massages. Concentrating on specific areas of the body, they can help to improve many skeletal or muscular problems. After a free thorough consultation, various massage techniques are used to increase restricted joint movement, break down adhesions from old injuries and tight muscles are smoothed out. After care is an important part of the treatment with exercises and lifestyle changes advised and a treatment plan suitable for the individuals needs put together. Whether the cause is from overuse, bad posture, sports or an occupation, take a positive step to make you feel better. Do you have back problem from sitting at a computer all day or want to get the best performance from a favourite sport? A program of 1, 2 or 4 weekly appointments can improve discomfort, restrictions and help to stop problems from re-occurring.
Taping and strapping is also available at Sage Therapies, either to help retrain posture after remedial massage or at pre event massage to help prevent injury for athletes.
What are the benefits of having Sage Therapies Sports or Remedial Massage?
- Massage therapist with over 9 years of experience
- A reduction in muscle tightness and stiffness
- An increase in joint range of motion and flexibility
- Knowing that your therapist is always up dating her training and learning the latest techniques
- Pre and post event massage to help prevent injury and to aid in recovery
- The release of "feel good" hormones after massage leaves you feeling relaxed, happy and promotes a good night sleep
- Improvement in circulation and lymphatic flow, both of which assist with the healing process and the removal of metabolic waste removal
- Stress and anxiety is reduced, with a feeling of taking control of your own wellbeing and health
- Assistance with sporting related, lifestyle or occupational problems and injuries
- The direct, penetrating heat from the hot stones relaxes muscles, allowing for a deeper and more thorough massage, without it being painful
- Either a half hour or hour massage is available. Your massage time is never eaten into by the consultation, dressing or after care, these are free
Sage Therapies Massage is completely tailor made to your needs, incorporating some of the following techniques and styles
- Hot (and cold) stones
- Swedish/Holistic massage
- Trigger point therapy
- Lymphatic drainage
- Deep tissue massage
- Pressure point massage
- Sports massage
- Remedial massage
- Myofascial and soft tissue release
- Taping and Strapping
- No hands massage
- PNF, MET and passive and active stretching
Sage Therapies Sports and Remedial Massage after Care
- Gather your thoughts and get up slowly, as you may feel a bit dizzy
- Drink plenty of clear fluids / water to flush out the toxins from your body
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine and smoking for a few hours
- Eat only a light meal afterwards
- Have a rest, even if it’s only for 10 minutes afterwards
- Make time for any exercises you are given, at least every other day. These work together with the massage to improve your flexibility, strength and ultimately help to keep you pain free
- Using a hot water bottle and cool pack for Cryotherapy and heat therapy, after and between massage appointments. Packs are available to buy. link to prices
- Make another appointment. Massage works best over a period of appointments. Most aches and pains build up over a long period of time and will need more than one appointment for long term improvements to be made
View our FAQs on massage
Gift vouchers are available, either for a specific treatment or amount of money. Why not treat someone to one today.
Find out more
To view all our costs for the range of treatments we provide here at Sage Therapies, please click on the link below.
Find out more