Having had the treatment, you’re hopefully thrilled with the results, but it’s easy to get home and forget my aftercare advice.
But if you don’t look after your skin post waxing you’re not going to get the best benefits from it. Follow these simple steps to help you get the best from your waxing:
- Don’t use any heat treatments on the skin for the next 24 hours; this includes hot bathes, sun bathing, sauna etc which after waxing may lead to it becoming sensitive
- Don’t exercise for the next 24 hours. Sweat and bacteria from exercise can lead to more spots than usual
- Wear loose clothing after your wax to let the skin “breath” and to avoid any friction on waxed areas
- Avoid perfumed creams and lotions for 24 hours. Basic moisturisers such as aqueous cream or ones containing soothing aloe vera or tea tree ingredients would be fine
- After 2 or 3 days start to exfoliate and moisturise your waxed skin every day. This is the best way to avoid ingrown hairs which can be both unsightly and uncomfortable, but are mostly preventable. Use either a body mitt, brush or a product containing exfoliating ingredients every day
Look after your skin and if you’re serious about keeping it hair free for longer book your appointment for every 4 weeks. That way your hairs will all be in the same growth cycle, giving you hair free skin for longer.